Saturday 1 October 2011

Questionnaire and Results

I am planning to make a survey of questions about my video’s subculture for my respondents; so that my group and I can understand what type of subcultures they like follow. The public audience opinion is very important for my questionnaire. I will have a total amount of ten questions to be asked, the questionnaires will not have inappropriate questions, and incorrect ordering of questions, incorrect scaling, or bad questionnaire structure as this negativity can make the survey pointless and confuse the respondents when answering. I will insure that I will look over my questionnaire to confirm that my questions are not inappropriate and other negatives that corrupt the survey is removed so that my questionnaire’s objectives are complete.

The type of questionnaire category will be for social group (public). These respondents are mainly everyone of every age, up to 11 years old and above. I am going to let this category answer the survey because they are my main attraction to my artist’s subculture. I will not add any unnecessary subculture questions as this survey is based on the hip-hop culture, if I had unnecessary questions about any other subculture it will cause confusion to my survey. If I do add another subculture for example punk it would cause questions to be poorly answered as my respondents want know what type of music video I am creating.

After my questionnaire is finished and looked over accurately, I will first inform my respondents of the results and data of the questionnaire so that they have a clear cut idea of what them the public prefer and have an understanding of. Lastly and most importantly the data and results will help me and the creators of the survey decide the actions I take upon making a new production. Questionnaire results are always important because they allow you to take advantage of the respondent’s answers fully so that your product, advertisement, or suitable videos can sell well in the media and also if it’s a test so it can be marked accurately by the test scorer.



1 comment:

  1. Anthony the lay out of your questionnaire and results is clear and easy to understand and analyse. There is one area you need to be careful with and that is those people who said they did not like Hip Hop. You need to make sure that their responses do not impact on what you put in your video if thy are not your target audience. Use your results carefully to inform your planning

    ReplyDelete